<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, April 24, 2010

BACHELOR HALL

John is away on a speaking trip this weekend. San Jose.

Booker and I are keeping house.

So far so good.

We get to walk together twice a day when this happens.

He is not so sure that I should be doing it in the morning. It doesn't add up.

But I can see the wheels turn and, sure enough, he comes around to the notion that if I am the only human and there is a walk to be accomplished, I am his man.

The morning walks are different than the evening. Route and routine.

In the morning there is a tendency to walk into the neighborhoods across Palm Canyon Drive. In the evening, we stay pretty much on this side or, if we go across, we walk along Palm Canyon and take a long narrow circuit.

Routine in the morning is brisk. Business like. Get to it.

Evening is slower, relaxed.

He can get into his scavenger routine in either walk. Not a good thing if it goes on too long. We have to have a discussion.

Generally, when John is away, Booker is more attentive and loving. Not so much this time. Not so needy.

It is nice not to cook. I eat the better teevee dinners. They are good for a change.

I don't vary my routine much except for the AM walk.

We have another day. John gets home tomorrow night.

We will all be glad to see him arrive.

It is fun to have a break but only for so long.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?