<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, March 29, 2010

ON THE INJURY LIST

This morning I was taking off my gym shorts at the shower and as I stepped out of them I went all twingy on my left leg. It hurt like hell and I couldn't stand on it.

I had just done the bendover hamstring stretch.

I think that perhaps I stretched to far, too fast and too cold. I can normally "nod" myself down to touch the floor with flat palms but I am not sure that I "nodded" this morning.

In any case I have been wobbly all day but it is a lot better.

The worst part is when I go over in the bend over and touch the toes position that it hurts most.

Hamstring, right?

Yes. I self diagnose and take Extra Strength Bufferin.

I also use the leg.

I did the hot cold thing this morning but there is no swelling and so that is done with.

How do I know that it is the hamstring? I do not.

Is it important that I know? I don't think so.

I have been at this shit for a long time. Running, gym, stretches, all that. Everyonce in awhile I get an injury.

If it was bad enough I would go seek help. But it is not.

Booker and I did the walk tonight and it got better as we walked. Circulation, use of the injured muscle to put it to rights.

Fortunately, the red dog was home and so we went into the yard and the dogs ran around and around. Booker got 20 minutes worth of walk in five minutes and I got a break. We went home afterwards.

For those who worry, don't. I will be back in the game shortly. Actually, I am in the game. I haven't curtailed anything, just am moving a bit more slowly.

If you want to diagnose. There. On the left. Have at it. What do you think it is?

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?