Tuesday, March 02, 2010
LIGHTS ON
I got my replacement watch today. The Casio G-shock model 1545
I bought my first one in one of those bargain electronic shops in Pennsylvania Station many years ago.
It is the minimum model. Four functions. Time, alarm, countdown timer, stop watch. Light.
It has cost the same amount for all these years. Twenty years, $35.00. You never ever pay list price.
I am amazed that they still make them. A cash cow.
They last about three years and then start to gain a bit and the light goes out. Gotta have a light.
I figure I have spent $350.00 on them. Maybe I could have gotten a fancier longer lasting watch but I think not.
My idea is that you either walk the lowest road (like this one) or go to the top. In between is not economical.
I like that this is black. No nonsense. And it is relatively small. No big chunk of plastic on my wrist.
That is about it. Another three years, another watch.
Labels: life, technology