<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 31, 2010

TEA TIME

I just found out that a friend of mine has joined the Tea Party movement. A local chapter. Not around here.

He wouldn't be the first person I know who is over there on the conservative side.

I have no beef with it.

I had a business partner who was politically reversed from me most of the time. He still is.

It didn't hurt our friendship. Or our work. We saw the world in stereo.

I really do not have any trouble with the activities of the Tea Party people. I don't agree with them but that is what makes a ball game.

I don't mind the demonstrations either. It is the American Way. I have spent enough time in marches and the like to know that it is very good for all of us. People getting pro-active. Taking responsibility.

I only have trouble with the ignorant, the totally insane angries and the ones who are out to create a world that will not allow such demonstrations or disagreement. The fringe. I don't have a lot of patience with the haters and the liars.

Actually, it is a comfort to know that among the vast anonymous "them", there is someone I know who is not nuts, who has a clear point of view, who believes in positive not negative influence and who is a genuine good guy all the way through.

That gives me a lot of hope.

I am going to start a new label. A refinement. Something more positive then "whack jobs" as I have labeled in the past. See below.

Tea anyone?

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?