<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

DUDE HAVIN' HIS CAKE

I did the grocery shopping this morning and bought the standard bundt cake that I use for people who have birthdays at our Meeting. People I sponsor.

I got home and took the cake out of its bag and realized that it had a piece sliced out of it!

A very neat piece. Cut with a knife.

Well, I need the cake tomorrow so I took it back. Got another one. Went to the checkout where Lynda reigns in the morning. I just held the cut cake up. She nodded. I asked if she had ever seen the like. She just smiled and kept nodding.

Routine for them, I guess. It was really a kind of shocker to me. I even thought I might be seeing things. Or that it was a joke. Lynda putting it in the bag along with the real one just for the hell of it. I even thought, "maybe I could give this cake and no one would notice". A form of denial that one.

So strange.

I reconstruct it this way. The cake was outdated and someone in the bakery department cut a slice out before it got tossed. I didn't look at the date. It's possible.

Then someone else came a long, saw the cake and put it up on the display thinking that is where it belonged. Not too big a stretch.

Or, it made me think of the Dude in Lebowsky who gets a whole meal in the super market during the night just going around and taking food. I think the Dude would definitely cut a neat piece out of the cake.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?