<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

ONE SMALL STEP INTO THE HOLIDAYS

I bought a poinsettia today at the super market.

It is pretty nice for the price. Not too big.

And the wrapping paper is red and white stripes.

John says that it makes a nice total decoration.

Since that is the only thing we have so far, except for the advent calendar, I guess it will have to do.

The one I picked out has as much green as red on the top and there are a couple of really, really dark red leaves.

We just threw out the last year's supermarket plant.

I forgot to get it into the dark and so it never turned.

The big, big poinsettia that we got as a gift last year is still in the big pot outside and it is also full green. And a bit beaten up. I think that, if we get another big plant this year, (hint hint) we will put it out and then cut it down in the early spring and try a cover for the summer.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?