<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

WALL TO WALL

Booker came and nosed me up a half hour early today.

No doubt he was aware I had not posted a blogitem yesterday and missed it. Wanted me to get started.

So, here I am with time before the gym and posting.

Hello, Booker.

I have been very busy. Not something I expected in retirement. No easy chair this week. Mostly, no time.

Sunday, we went to a brunch. A double birthday celebration.

Boy, a brunch sure takes a whack out of the day. This is why I don't go out for lunch, ever.

But how often do you get a 70 and an 80 year old joint birthday? They have been together over 50 years.

It was nice. A sitdown brunch. No way to escape. My introvert lights were flashing. But, not to worry actually.

It was at a mid century golf clubhouse overlooking the greens and then the mountains behind our house which we don't usually get to see. Too close.

There was assigned (forced) seating. Not my favorite thing but we drew a good group of 8. Four couples. I knew one couple and one of the other guys. The others were OK. Chatty.

The food was good.

If I have to be trapped somewhere this was about the best circumstance. But it did shoot the day.

Then, Monday was busy with a morning meet with a guy I work with. Same yesterday morning. These don't usually eat up the day but, yesterday, I also had an MIT applicant interview. A nice young man My fifth so far this year. I have two more scheduled. It will be over mid December.

The interviews are 60-90 minutes long. The driving too and fro is a half hour by the time I park and walk. Then the writeup. An hour easy.

Very rewarding though.

It is basically a good thing, these interruptions of my routine. I won't calcify at the computer or reading or watching a movie, whatever I do day after day.

But I am back on track today. Routine. A meeting in the morning, a sitdown with a guy I work with, a nap. Lunch, a movie, a walk with Booker. Make dinner, eat dinner and squeeze in some computer reading time. My daily blogs. Maybe even another item here.

Back to semi normal. Normal will be when I get my computer back.

it is still in the shop. If I don't hear, I will call tomorrow. That will have been a week.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?