<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, November 26, 2009

NOT OVER UNTIL IT IS OVER

I knew that there was one more guy who had not heard about Franklin dying.

He is not here most of the year and when he is here we don't see much of him. He is connected with the Follies show and is on a kind of perpetual grind for its entire season.

And here he comes as Booker and I are coming home from the afternoon walk.

Booker goes right by him. Totally ignored, the guy does a double take. Franklin always went to him and jumped up and made a fuss. Not Booker. He is a stranger to him. Cool Booker.

The guy says "What happened?. He doesn't like me anymore". Joking.

I said "he's not Franklin". Blank face.

I explain. It is hard. Hard for him. His buddy and all. Hard for me, my first dog. I still have mourning.

Booker at the end of the leash looking towards home.

I call him back. He comes. I ask him to say hello to Franklin's friend. And he does. Very sweetly as is Booker's style.

The guy says that he wished he had a treat so he could make friends with Booker. I tell him that he already has and that Booker will remember him.

There are some gulps and sad looks.

We have still not met everyone who knew Franklin.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?