<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 23, 2009

HOARDING

I like to have cooking supplies on hand.

When I read, recently, that the 2009 pumpkin crop was devastated by wet summer weather, I freaked.

I don't make any desserts but I do make pumpkin pie for each Thanksgiving. It is a crucial vegetable on the holiday table. Look it up: "vegetable".

So, it rained on the pumpkin patches of the midwest.

I thought there wouldn't be any for me this year. But I had a can from last year. Still a good date on it, 2010.

Then I read that pumpkin packed now would be next year's pumpkin. Or, to put it the actual real life way, no pumpkin packed this year means no pumpkin next year. None.

And this year's pumpkin is prepared from last years crop so there is no shortage this year.

Needless to say that I have two cans of the best brand now. Libby's. The classic recipe is right on the label. I am ready. It will last until 2012. I am good for two years of pumpkin collapse.

Maybe I should get two more.

Do you have yours? If not, get it now.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?