<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, November 26, 2009

GETTIN' READY

We don't normally have dessert but the rule gets broken on the holidays.

I admit that I look forward to it.

I have been tasting pumpkin pie for a couple of weeks. Now the real thing is in the oven. It is scenting the house.

It is not actually a dessert but a vegetable.

I know I told you that but I keep telling myself again and again.

It makes it OK.

The next non-dessert will be mince pie at Christmas. Apples and raisins. I am not thinking about that though. I have to get over the pumpkin first.

As soon as the pumpkin is baked, the turkey breast will go in the oven. I do turkey breast all the time except summer when I use the cold smoked variety. But I thought I would bake it fresh for today and put the remainder with the inventory of frozen meat.

I made my own whole cranberry sauce the other day. It is nicely set. The trick is to cool it in room temperature. A slow gel. The natural pectins need moderate temperatures.

I know this because I used to work for the cranberry company many years ago.

Also on the menu is stuffing (the box kind) and french cut green beans. A tradition.

So soon, we will have the house smell of turkey.

Dinner will be at 545 as normal. No bending the rules for afternoon eating. I have never understood that one.

Otherwise the day will be normal. No mail though. Grump. And no football. Yay!

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?