<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, August 30, 2009

KABUKI

As he so often does, Kevin Drum puts my thinking down much more clearly than I could myself.

The Lesson of the Townhalls.

There is a burnout factor on this kind of stuff. There is also a growing sense on the part of a majority of people that this is a tactic and not at all based on reality.

Newseek features the lies of health care reform this week. All the lies listed are from the Larouche people and the GOoPer troublemakers.

There is a growing backlash. Many more people in support of health care reform are showing up. And so on.

The fact that the worst and most egregious lies and distortions, to say nothing of dramatics, has had little impact on public support is quite telling.

There must be health care reform.

People know this.

The docs, the nurses, pharma, even the insurers know it. It is a bonanza for these people, actually.

I rely on my chosen leader and his crew of experts. I don't much rely on the Senate. They will have to be dragged into line.

The House is all ready to vote. A bill is on the table.

We are more than half way there.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?