<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

VACATION PLANS

I have made reservations for my annual summer escape to Shelter Island, San Diego.

I go every year for the pelicans, seals and boats.

I get a room on the water and spend the day watching the boat ramp, taking naps, eating at the restaurant and walking this beautiful man made island across the bay from the city.

It is a yachting center and the base for America's Cup when it was held in SD.

I stay at the Bay Club and Marina. A great mid level hotel that I used to train in.

I go in August to have the cool air of San Diego waft across my body. It would be normally 105+ in the desert.

I had thought that with the economy and all as well as my deflated retirement funds that I should skip it this year.

Then I rethought it. And got encouragement from my husband to do it anyway. So I am.

If things really go to hell I can always cancel. But I don't think that I will. I am doing my bit for the "hospitality industry".

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?