<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, March 16, 2009

EXACTLY MY POINT

Where Did All the Wealth Go? To Our Kids.

And I never really had the money in the first place.

I might even get some of it "back" before I die.

I will have to sell the house at the same price I bought it plus some improvements before I really "lose" something.

And I will have to use up all my retirement funds before I, maybe, hit a point where I came in.

The chances are very good, if I live long enough, that I will get back the money I never really had in my portfolio.

Think about it. It will make you fell better as this particular rally subsides and the market falls back some, or more, before it begins its inevitable return to where it was before.

Now, there are some people that bought at the top of the market. That is a whole different story.

They expected the real estate and the stock markets to continue to increase. They will. But there will be a longer period for them. In which case, maybe it is the kids who will get the bennies.Hat tip to Andrew Sullivan

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?