<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

UP AND DOWN

A rocky day in the markets but there will be rockiness for quite a while. They are at a bottom, at least temporarily.

I was thinking about my being where I started when I retired. The same place in the markets.

I realized that I have been eating off all the gains in the last ten years and have pretty much had a free ride.

It is paper loss after all.

I was helped to that conclusion by this guy.

Why the Decade Wasn't Such a Loss.

Labels:


Comments:
Thanks for posting "Why the decade wasn't such a loss". Having "done the right thing" for the past 20 or so years, it is incredibly discouraging to think about opening the monthly statements of said retirement funds at this period in time. I think our best strategy might be to forget they exist for another decade or so, by which time we can only hope the market has recovered so we can move it all into something with a steady 6% return....
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?