<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, January 31, 2009

GARAGE SALE

Yesterday our friend and current fix-it man, Larry, came to fix the sliding doors in the garage closet.

I am still not quite sure what the issue was. This kind of thing is John's department. Runners for the doors, warps, I don't know. They wouldn't slide open or closed.

These are huge shelves, floor to ceiling, a couple of feet deep.

You would be amazed at how much shit you can store in a space like that. It has been 11 years.

I did get involved in the removal of stuff from the shelves and its disposition.

A lot of memories here. A playpen. A booster seat. Some kid games. All to the resale store.

My ten years of paper for the tax audit we haven't had yet were still there in their plastic store bags. John went and got file boxes for them so they are still there but in cardboard. Waiting. It is OK with me if I never use them.

The bags were all disorganized. I just put them in the boxes the same way. I figure I will sort to order if necessary. In the meantime there are better things to do.

There is some weirdness in an activity like this. "Why did we save this"?

Silence.

Some of that stuff went to the used stuff store (a drawer from the kitchen renovation with its hardware--can they use that? Dunno. We dropped it off anyway. Now it's their problem). Some of it went back into the closet.

Very little went to trash. Interesting.

This kind of cleanout is good for us. We get to see a little history and we get to clear it away.

I suppose someday there will be more little kids but that would be great-grand kids and they can bring their own booster seats.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?