<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

CIVICS ONE

There is some upset around the media that more people know less about civics than they should.

Here is a test that 'everyone' took including me.

Civic Literacy Report--Civics Test

The last time I looked the average score was 78.1.

I got 87.88

I thought this was pretty good!

Everyone and me.

Not so the Intercollegiate Studies Institute who put this on.

Here are their "findings"

They have cherry picked the results to show us what dumps we are.

I hate this kind of shit.

A downer.

Just what we need. A bunch of academics misinterpreting results of a test that they put together in the first place.

I won't go too far into this but the questions are a bit sketchy "civics" wise. A bit arcane here and there.

But I accept that.

What I don't understand is how there can be an average of 78.1 % correct and this be a failure. That is a good gentleman's C or almost a B in my book.

Oh well. I got nearly an A. Maybe I am just a partial failure.

I missed the Jefferson question, the balanced budget question (and I think they are wrong--there are two answers), the Lincoln Douglas debate question and the "public good" question which is horseshit.

I hate tests.

Rats.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?