<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, October 26, 2008

TAKING THE INITIATIVE

There is more on the ballot for Californians than most other states.

We have propositions and initiatives up the ass.

In general, I vote NO on initiatives. They are almost always deceptively worded, reflect corporate (or religious) interests and distort the legislative process.

One other thing important this year. In California you can amend the constitution with a majority vote. Not 2/3.

That said, I have to admit that I will be voting yes on a few initiatives this year.

Kevin Drum does the work of explaining it all for me. As it turns out, he votes exactly as I will and has the reasoning behind it.

California Propositions

I don't know what the difference between an initiative and a proposition is. Maybe none.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?