<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

BEAR SHIT

The volatility of the stock market is amazing. But I haven't been here for awhile so maybe it is just normal bear market behavior.

It is all fear.

It is going to be a long haul.

I am OK with it. I just have to watch not attaching myself to the minute by minute or even day by day results.

My IRA is split. One fund goes to money if there is trouble with stock. The other one doesn't.

Like everyone else, the paper value of my portfolio is down a third.

It is very important to my composure to say 'paper value'. I didn't mind when the paper value went up and up.

I don't have to like that it has gone down but, still, it is paper.

What goes down must go up.

An old boyfriend said that a lot.

But I don't like it.

We are in for a rough time.

I am OK though.

If I die soon, the value of my portfolio will be of no concern to me.

If I live to be 90, according to plan, the chances are good that I will see one or two more rises and dips like this after we get some recovery from the one we are in.

Life on life's terms.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?