<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

ARREVIDERCI,, ROMA

John is returning to the US as I type.

His plane left at 2AM our time and he will not get home until 11 PM tonight.

A long trip. Slow. Gotta go through Dulles and Denver on the way to Palm Springs.

But that is the only option other than LA and Franklin and I aren't going to LA to pick him up.

He had a great trip and it went totally as planned with no glitches and a lot of pleasant surprises.

As for us, here in Palm Springs, we are more than happy to see that the plane has taken off.

He left a message this morning at 130 AM to say he had a seat and was about to board.

He turned the rental phone off.

The phone was a very good deal for us. We spoke to each other every morning at 4AM my time, 1PM then 12 noon his. They switched to ST while he was there.

I do not have international so I used a service, Gorilla.com, which gives a lower cost overseas rate. You just dial an 800 number then the overseas.

How did we do while he was away?

Did we have a good time?

It seemed to go fast actually. I was busier all the time. I got to appreciate more of all John does around here. I also had a lot of stuff going on that was extra or unusual. Some planned, some not.

I am excited about the return. I had trouble sleeping last night.

I finally got up about 130AM to see if he had left the message.

He had.

Good. Another 'worry' put away.

Today is the last morning walk with Franklin for awhile. We have had to go in the dark because of my early obligations. It has been fun but I am over it.

One more TV dinner (I eat good ones) tonight and then the routine will be revved up tomorrow.

My husband is coming back! I am ready and then some.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?