<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, May 29, 2008

UP TO DATE

Joel Stein has a great column in the LATimes today.

Make it a Gay Old Time

Of course, I concur with his suggestion that old timers get over it and vote for gay marriage.

But underneath this warmly pushy message is the exploration of how and why resistance to new things happen for people my age.

I can identify completely with the research that shows us, after a certain age, totally resistant to new things.

I am right there with hating rap music, an oxymoron if I ever saw one. I am not as bad as his dad who answers emails with a phone call.

But still, I understand how hard it is for people my age to swallow 'the gays' getting married.

Just to help things along with my own set, I expect that we will be getting hitched before the initiative trying to ban it. Probably October.

Perhaps I can send a message to people my own age that we are everywhere. Their own kids are going to do it too.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?