<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

SCHEDULE CHANGE

I moved my vacation time ahead last night.

I am staying at the Bay Club on Shelter Island in San Diego.

The place is next to a concert venue. I try to pick a time when there won't be any concert and then watch the concert schedule.

They just added an act on my first night.

So I am jumping it ahead to September 8-11. A good time to be on the water.

It will still be hot here and so that will be a plus.

I actually do not go to get away from the heat as the experience is not at that level.

I arrive in San Diego, say to myself "Oh! It isn't hot!" and then forget about it.

I come back home and as I drop down into the desert it gets hot again and I am happy to be home.

The trip is more about being alone and not doing anything. It is always successful. I am alone and I don't do anything and it is a nice place for that non-activity.

I am planning to stay on the marina side this year. Watching the boats and the boat people. Not the beach/bay side where I have been the last two times.

That is what counts for a radical change of pace/place in this kind of slow motion activity.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?