<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, May 19, 2008

MEMORY

My Dad died 20 years ago today.

I was in Texas doing some work and got word that he was near the end.

My partner Dave rushed out so I could leave the Program.

I left the platform, the group went on an exercise and when they came back, Dave was in charge. Magic.

My plane got fogged out of Boston and I spent the night in Windsor Locks' CN airport, sleeping on the floor, but I made it into Boston the next morning and on to Pennsylvania.

I got there in time to be with my Dad in the hospital and to let him know that it was OK to let go.

I got into the bed with him and held him.

It was a wonderful moment in our lives. Mine. His, now over.

He was a great guy.

The other day I got one of those flashes, as we do, about how much he has given me. I am a lot like him. I can see that now. It makes me happy.

We had our arguments. The usual stuff.

He even came to realize that my being gay was not the big deal that he thought it would be. He told me he was glad that I was happy.

What else could a son ask? Forgiveness and happiness.

I love him very much and miss him every day.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?