<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, May 22, 2008

GAME CALLED

It has been so hot here for a week and that all fell apart today.

The high pressure system collapsed and a new low came in hard.

Clouds, wind, a 30 degree drop in temperature.

The clouds caused some more confusion with Franklin.

He takes sunset as his queue to go for the walk and so he started grrrring way too soon. Impatient.

We hadn't even had dinner.

He may not have been confused though. He may have had that prescience that dogs often exhibit.

As it turned out, we should have gone about the time he started grrrring.

It isn't often that we get rained out of a walk but it happened tonight.

Just as Franklin and I got down the street, it unloaded. The wind blew hard and the rain came down in pellets.

He turned around and wisely, I think, strode homeward.

I followed. Wisely, I think.

I will go with him as far as he wants in a rainstorm but I have to admit to feeling relieved that we would sit this one out at home.

So here we are looking out at the gathering storm.

It is supposed to last for two days.

I already called the window washers off from their standing appointment tomorrow.

They will come Monday. No Memorial Day for them.

I am just tired of getting the glass washed and then having rain every other time or so.

It is uncanny how often this happens.

The holiday is set for more heat and full sun.

I am not used to seasons any more but it would seem that we are beginning to have some. Every week or so.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?