<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, May 22, 2008

CATCHUP

I have been absent from the blog wars for a few days.

Let me catch up.

We had the guy come to fix the drier and he did it very nicely.

We bought all our appliances from Pacific Sales, a Southern California retailer.

They have their own in-house service for all appliances that they sell.

This is one more feature of this company which is to be admired. We had already enjoyed the skill of the sales people and the delivery folks.

I don't know of any other retailer who does this. It has to be good for repeat sales. As long as the service is goo, of course. Which it is.

The 'kid' who came has worked with them for ten years (since he was 18) and his dad worked for them before.

You don't see that kind of generational company any more.

It is great.

The heat.

We had a heat wave for a week!

And now it the heat has gone away and it is cold.

Well, relatively. If you live in the north, you would find it quite warm? 70?

We will have a cloudy and even, perhaps, rainy holiday weekend.

I was able to change the date with the window washers from tomorrow to Monday when it is supposed to be clear and warm again.

I got through Tuesday's primaries unscathed.

I got worried towards the end that Obama might not get his double digits in Oregon but he did fine.

I decided that I should steep myself a bit deeper in the Obama culture so I ordered and got his two books which I am now reading at a slow pace.

I am already very impressed with Dreams from My Father and I have only read the two Forwards in my edition.

The first Obama sign is up in the neighborhood. The guys down the street who live in the "transvestite therapist" house.

Let me explain.

We know a lot of our neighbors to speak to, say hello, pass the time of day. But we don't know their names.

So all the houses have names that are more about the house than the people.

There is the "bomb shelter house" which was reputed to have a dome ceilinged underground bomb shelter under it (we have never verified whether it does or not. I would rather think that it does than find out that it does not). There is the 'bartender's house' where, when we first moved here, two bartenders rented and made a lot of noise, then moved. Since then, there have been maybe 5 occupants (it is a hard luck house) but we only acknowledge the bartenders.

Now, the "tranvestite therapist's" house used to be the "motel house" because it looked like a motel (if you looked over the wall and through the hedge) but then we found out that the guy who lived there was a therapist specializing in transvestites and so, well, we had to change the name. we never looked over the wall to see the transvestites or the therapist. It was just enough to hear about it.

Another thing. The guys who live there now have modified the appearance some and so it looks less like a motel than it used to.

Another consideration.

Those are the ones with the Obama sign. Which looks pretty good! Good logo and all.

So there.

You are all caught up.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?