<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

VACATION

I booked my annual August vacation today.

San Diego. The Bay Club. The same place as always.

Three days on the beach (and marina on the other side) looking at downtown San Diego from Shelter Island.

I have been going there for years, first to work, then to vacate.

It is just a motel. A bit fancy but not too much.

But right outside there are boats and pelicans and water and ships and a Navy base across the water and a long walk along the island with all the boat ramps and yacht builders. It is yacht central.

There is good food. I do not leave the place for anything.

I read, I meditate, I walk, I sit and look.

Wonderful.

But three days is all I can stand of it and once a year is often enough.

I will leave my normal life behind as well as the desert's summer heat.

I pick the dates because there are no concerts during this period at the venue that is next door.

As you may remember, I like to go to bed and arise early.

If they book acts between now and then I will reconsider the trip.

It is unlikely though. They leave this week dark every year. I am not sure why.

It is in the hands of the music gods and maybe I can make an exception and stay up until 11 one night and listen to the free concert or even go over and see the show.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?