<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, April 21, 2008

STRESSED BUT NOT OUT

I sat next to someone at a Meeting today and we talked about what is going on with the election.

This guy, who I respect a lot as a smart, engaged guy, is all laid back about all of it.

He came up with the 'it doesn't matter' attitude.

Doesn't matter?

Fucking A it matters.

How do smart, healthy people stay laid back about this?

I don't get it.

Well, I know that I am more 'into it' than a lot of people. My whole house is 'into it'. Even Franklin tried to vote February 5th.

I am nervous about the primary tomorrow. I am anxious about the Democrats not aiming the gun at their own foot again. I am ready to get all excited again when the primaries are over. No matter who wins. Really.

But I know that the last time I actually made myself sick over the outcome. Bush.

So I want to temper my engagement. I am trying to keep a good balance for myself.

But goddamit! I want my guy to win!

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?