<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

LULL

I am in one of those blogging lulls.

Nothing much is going on that I want to write about. There are a few things that I can't but they are, for the most part, OK things.

Things that I can't write about. Other peoples stuff. I try to keep others out of this. Privacy and all that.

I also lack some energy for it.

Every time this happens, I write about the bloc and the next thing I know, I am writing again.

Perhaps I am just engrossed in my reading these days.

I am reading Richard Price's new novel Lush Life and it is engrossing.

Modern NY neighborhood. Cops. A street killing. A guy who gets all jarred up with it. Hard to describe. Great dialog. Slang, figures of speech. Colorful.

Price writes thickly and intensely.

That means that the reading is very rewarding and slow.

I read his Clockers some years ago and enjoyed it as much as I am into this one.

I am always reading something and most of it is good stuff. When I hit excellent stuff, I slow down.

The weather may have something to do with it too. It is warm and very nice.

Slowing down weather.

We have not hit 100 yet which is unusual. So it is a cool warm.

I told you the other day that it was very, very dry.

Still is.

The pool is in regular use now.

A nice way to cool the warm and wet the dry.

I didn't do a movie today. Had a guy over in the PM for talk. Nice.

I gotta get back to my book now.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?