<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, April 04, 2008

IT'S A GOOD THING

Today was filled with ups and downs but one of the biggest ups was the receipt of a postcard from the County Jury Duty Administrator.

I have been granted a permanent excuse from all future jury duty for health reasons.

In California, when you are 70, all you have to do is tell them you have something that will compromise your jury service. You do not even require a written medical excuse.

My excuse is true for jury duty but hardly debilitating in daily life.

I have irritable bowel syndrome and can't sit for long periods. Especially under stress.

Or, at least, I think that I can't.

And evidently they think so too.

To say that I am overjoyed to be getting this permanent excuse is the understatement of the era.

And don't write me about my civic duty.

I will no longer be grist for the legal mill.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?