<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

NOTHING TO DO

Today was supposed to be a zero do-day.

I had a date with a friend to meet this afternoon but the date got cancelled.

No movie to see because the holiday weekend put a bump in the Netflix flow.

Just do the food shopping this morning and then sit back and enjoy the 80 plus degree day. Full sun. Pool at 85. Great.

Then, little things began to get in the way.

The cable was off for a while this morning for 'planned maintenance' so I filled in with the continuing chore of downloading the photos on the new disk storage (which after some initial flubs is going great).

Then, back on track, but late, with the cable.

I found a scam in my email which I foolishly bit on ("Amazon", not, saying I had unauthorized hits). They were phishing for my credit card number which I did not put in. But I did give my password before I 'got it'.

So I had to change my password at Amazon.

I was late for starting the bike ride. Today is the long day.

Then shopping which took longer than usual. I am doing the do for Thanksgiving.

A large family group will assemble.

5 adults and two kids at the table.

So I wanted the biggest fresh turkey. I got one. 18 pounds. I will have lots of leftovers. That was the other goal. Long term hot turkey sandwiches.

Other nits and nats to buy. Not the usual purchases.

Then back to the house and a few phone calls.

A long email. And here it is just the time it would be if I were done with the movie, ready to write it up and move on.

I didn't mention that I have a pork roast in the oven. Two loins.

In the winter I like to do that instead of chops. Better bite.

So it has been a full day. And all a bit late.

I hate to be late.

This is all self imposed (and slight) stress.

It is OK. I am retired. I could use a little stress.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?