<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

FACING LIFE

I have to admit to a great deal of puzzlement over the networking sites like Facebook/Myspace/Twitter/Whatever.

Evidently it is important that people be on these things. Even celebrities and politicians are joining up.

And more, it appears that people are actually in touch and talking to each other all the time. And when they are not doing that they are text messaging and calling each other on their phones.

I assume that all those people on cell phones while driving are talking to somebody.

I guess I am out of the loop on this.

Two reasons.

I am too old for it. I don't want any more friends. And certainly not the kind that you have to go on some site to meet and hang around with.

And none of my friends want to be on any website like that either.

If they do, they are doing it to hook up with people for sex. That needs a different cyber atmosphere.

Almost no one will tell their friends about their on line sex life.

Well, at least not until a hook-up becomes a friend. A sort of rite of passage.

The other reason to ignore this current craze (which is what it is—sooner or later people are going to have to do some work, make some money, get married or partnered, have a life) is that I am a confirmed introvert.

We have discussed this before. This Atlantic article explains.

I know I am not alone in this.

This is still the most popular on-line article at the magazine.

Introverts don't do networking.

Anyway, no one will notice. If you are not out there no one knows about you.

Fine with me.

But I thought I would say so.

Dude.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?