<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

BITCH

My dentist folded his practice.

When he told me, he said that I would get a letter passing me on to his recommended practice.

No letter so far.

I did get a call from the new guy's office because a prescription had lapsed and my pharmacy had called to get a refill.

This woman, an admin, wanted to tell me that I would have to see the new dentist to get the script renewed.

I told her that, actually, I had decided not to take the medication any longer. It is a mouthwash that seems to do no good but it does stain my teeth. And it has alcohol in it. Makes me nervous. I use nothing with alcohol.

So I told her that I wouldn't need them to do anything.

Then I asked about the transfer.

Was there a letter coming to me about the change? She didn't know.

Did the doc have my files? No.

Would they be sending me the card I filled out to remind me of my appointment? No. They do not use cards.

Somewhere in there we started to go around in a circle and it was quite clear that it was all my fault.

Power sometimes makes irritating people more irritating.

She came off as a punishing church lady or perhaps a cranky teacher.

I didn't like it and I told her so.

I got off the line before I really said what I thought.

Mulling, I remembered that my GP Dr. Jim recommended a youngish guy, Dr. Bruno (what a first name, huh?).

Dr. Bruno has a web site.

I explored.

The office is a little tacky and over decorated but I liked the look of the practice.

I especially liked the big tooth outdoors.

So I called.

It was a cinch.

The person who answered was helpful and kind and respectful. She did not call me by my first name!

I have an appointment in February for my regular four month check up.

I called my old guy and left a message to forward my files.

I won't stand for arbitrary treatment. If the office is like that I would have to swallow my gall every time I went to that guy.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?