<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 19, 2007

ALASKAN LIGHTS

This is a great photo.

Aurora in the Distance

I was in Juneau once. In the 80's. Maybe 70's.

There were no northern lights.

All fog, all the time.

I barely made it out. Or maybe they fly in that shit all the time.

The town is built on a glacier that was even melting then. They had board walks on the streets because otherwise you would be wading in the runoff.

I went to see the glacier. I walked on it.

It is ice. Packed snow. Dirty snow.

The city (barely more than a small town) had a frontier feel. They even had some buildings with fake fronts like a western movie town.

I was pitching creativity training to the state government. That would make it the 70's.

They were new then and had a lot of mavericks running things.

I am sure it is nothing like that now.

The mavericks are corrupt politicians (they say Alaska is the most corrupt state government) and the glacier, what is left of it, is on the standard cruise ship tour.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?