<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, October 19, 2007

NET GAIN

Franklin and I went out to pee this morning (him not me) and, as I went past the pool, I saw ripples.

A baby rat was doing the doggy paddle in the water.

Now, we have a long standing war with the rats. We are currently on top after some significant investment in metal containers and a little trapping here and there.

But this was a moment where mammals connect.

Like the dough boy and the kraut who meet in no-mans land. The indian that saves the wounded Texas Ranger.

I went and got the skimmer net and scooped him out.

He didn't stop to stay thanks.

He was gone so fast that I hardly saw him on dry land.

I had only the little flashlight I use for these pee sessions.

I feel good about it.

Maybe some day, when the baby is an adult, we will meet somehow somewhere and the favor will be returned.

Somehow.

Maybe.

Anyway, that is my good deed for the day.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?