<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

FRUIT COCKTAIL

My discussion of the Anjou pear led to the disclosure that I have the pears every other day alternating with mixed melon. For lunch

A reader wrote to share his fruit lunch strategy.

He had more fruit than I did. Well, greater variety.

I guess I need to get out the big guns and tell the full fruit story.

The pears and melon (alternating) are not my only daily fruit.

Listen (read) to my breakfast fruit cycle.

I have apple sauce every other day, just plain.

I do not like apples as apples.

But, I believe that one should eat them. Mine come mashed and cooked. Lightly. Unsweetened. Very good.

The other breakfast days involve a variety of frozen fruits in cycle.

Here is the sequence.

You can use this if you want.

It is not copyrighted or anything.

OK. Here.

Strawberries, bananas (fresh not frozen an exception), mixed berries, pineapple, cherries (bing), rasberries, peaches and then we start over.

These fruits alternate with apple sauce and are served in yogurt (low fat). The protein is important.

Apple sauce days I have hard boiled eggs.

Every day I have cereal after the fruit thing and that is in rotation too.

Do you want to know what that is?

I think that I have told it before.

Corn Chex, Shredded Wheat (bite size), Rice Chex, Grape Nuts (private label version Nutty Nuggets), Cheerios, and Wheat Chex.

If you do the math you will find that the wheat cereals always match out with the eggs and apple sauce days. This is by chance not calculation.

After all this I have 2.5 oz of peanuts. Source of fat in a relatively low fat diet.

Oh. There also the grapes which are kept open in a bowl in the refrigerator.

I eat about ten of those a day. No more. They are hell on calories.

There.

More is revealed.

Are you there? HEY! Wake up!

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?