<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 01, 2007

ELEVATION ELATION

Despite the fact that what goes up must come down, here is today's boost from the material world.

Wall Street Rallies to Record Close

I know that, rightly, this does not matter to a lot of people.

It surely is not a gauge of the state of the nation or its economy.

The economy actually sucks; distribution of income and all that.

But I am on the positive side of that divide and so I have to be a little thankful that my fixed income is enhanced.

A lot of this is phony of course.

It is Vegas in NYC.

The betting is that the Feds will loosen credit some more and that every boat will rise.

Of course, so will inflation.

And so on.

Push something here and something goes out of whack there.

It is the nature of intervention.

I don't play the market.

I have a fixed fee managed account. Someone else plays it. And does so conservatively.

I hope.

And it is spread.

It is not all in stocks by any means. And not all in the US either.

So the NYSE is only a bit of the total.

Anyway. It feels good not to be seeing the downs today. Only the ups.

I love that picture. Look closely.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?