<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 01, 2007

CHANGE

I found a nickel on my closet shelf today.

I can't imagine how it got there.

I don't do change.

I mean the nickel kind of course.

I haven't carried loose change in my pocket for so long.

I don't know when it started. Or ended.

It isn't too difficult actually. The no change thing, I mean.

I don't pay much with cash. And when I do, I put the little bit of coins in the penny jar. One store has a charity cup. Like that.

Now, the question is whether I should carry the nickel to one of these places and violate a policy of years' standing of not carrying any change.

I am not going to throw it away!

But it is a serious question.

Maybe I will leave the nickel where it is and wait for some little kid who really really needs a nickel and I will give it to him.

On the other hand, what would the kid do with a nickel?

It used to get me a popsicle, a candy bar, other similar treats.

Today?

It gets you to adopt a no change policy.

Did you notice? It is a buffalo nickel. When I was a kid there were a lot of them too.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?