<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 04, 2007

BACK ON TRACK

My favorite bike route got closed a month ago. A new culvert system at the lowest of low points. Always water there after a storm.

It was supposed to take a month.

I waited. I found another neat route out to the Indian Canyons entrance. All uphill.

Monday, I went back to see if they were done.

No. But close.

A friendly foreman explained that they were compacting and would resurface Tuesday then finish up on Wednesday.

So, good as his word, I went this morning and it is finished. Done.

They and their many roadblock signs are gone.

The job looks good.

My friend who also bikes that route is critical of the design. He thinks the culverts (8 of them in a line) will fill with sand.

I asked "When"?

"Forty years", he said.

I pointed out that neither he nor I will be around to see it.

Mortality breathes on my neck.

Again.

Something I won't live to see.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?