<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

28

This week I will celebrate 28 years clean and sober.

Of course, I did it one day at a time but if you keep doing "it" the days add up.

This year a group of close friends with the same sober objectives will have a pot luck dinner for me.

I never had that before.

I guess I am getting to the upper reaches; what we call an old timer.

I should point out that one does not do this kind of thing alone.

That is the fundamental problem of the alcoholic/addict; playing the isolation game and not asking for help.

What society calls self reliance.

It may work for some but for the drunk it is deadly.

Enough.

I am qrateful beyond words for a life second to none.

The life I got back.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?