<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, May 14, 2007

LIFT OUR STEIN ON HIGH

I consider myself economically naive and uninformed.

I took two terms of Economics in college and sort of 'got it'.

But I am unprepared for the economic paradoxes (paradi?) that abound today.

Apparently, I am not alone.

Assorted Mysteries of Economic Life--Ben Stein

I really like Ben Stein.

I do not always agree with him but I always enjoy reading or listening to him.

Improbably (for an economist) he is an actor too. Ferris Buhler's teacher.

And he is a neighbor! Down the road; Rancho Mirage.

He lists various conundrums that, in my view, make it impossible for a guy like me to suss the economy or to 'play' the markets.

I pay an annual flat fee for others to be as mystified as I am, yet make a commitment and be a bit more wary of the various ball spins.

It is a managed account. They do pretty well. Better than most mutual funds.

I am ahead of the market most of the time and when I am not I get a surge in after the fact to make it up.

But, all these imponderables.

It gives me a headache.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?