<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, May 03, 2007

CARWASH

When I was first living in PS, I loved going to the carwash.

I took the Jeep (my vehicle) almost weekly.

I even bought the discount coupon/gift certificates during the holidays to 'save money'.

Hard to figure how washing the car so often would save money even at a discount.

Perhaps I was fulfilling some illusion about SoCal living.

Well, it is true that people love their cars here and wash them frequently. I have seen far more clean vehicles enter the washing tunnel than just mine.

Maybe I had a compulsion like the people who have to wash their hands three times.

Maybe an 'out damn spot' sort of deal; guilt about having three cars?

In any case, I am over it.

I have not taken the Jeep for a cleanup for months. I still have the gift coupons from the purchase I made two seasons ago.

But, today, I went and did the deed.

I am surprised that they did not charge me extra for all the dog snot on the windows.

Ohhhhhhh!

That's it!

We got a dog!

The satisfaction of a good wash is undone in minutes when you have an Airedale nosing and tonguing the glass.

Of course, I cannot blame Franklin for the outside's dirt. But it is the glass that we see most of all.

It was fun to go and see the old gang. They are still there.

I put it in the lineup, went to the back waiting area (they fixed the water fountain while I was gone), and watched the 'boys' do the final wipe and cleaning of the windows.

No one said anything about the dog snot.

I did add a bit to the normal tip.

On the way home I had that SoCal glow on.

Franklin will not take a ride until tomorrow morning.

The bump will last 24 hours.

Then we will go back into the 'dirty car' mode for as long as I can stand it.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?