<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, April 05, 2007

TAX TIME

The priority mail package came today.

Peter had sent my annual returns and the quarterly payment package.

It wasn't too bad.

I got some and I paid some and I ended up almost even.

I like to stay on the balance line.

If they owe me money then I am losing the interest.

If I owe them, I might have a penalty and I don't like attracting attention.

A retired guy's returns are pretty straight forward. It is almost like when I was just a salary dude.

Don't pay attention to the cartoon.

I just liked the picture.

This is not a big deal. I am used to the slight pain of paying.

I can show you a big deal. Confiscation. Cancellation of accounts. We have it pretty good.

My attitude is 'my government right or wrong' when it comes to the tax dollars.

Even though it is often wrong these days, I visualize my dollars going into good works and keeping the ship afloat while the bushies do everything they can to sink it.

Tax time is non-partisan.

I am happy to buy an interest in the best country in the world and the life that I have been able to live in it.

And don't start arguing about where else would be better. I won't hear of it.

I know some Canadians and people who live in the UK.

I will take what we have any time.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?