<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, April 22, 2007

CHO

I finally watched one of those Killer Cho tapes.

I lasted 30 seconds.

You could see the guy was blasted from the start.

It is like watching a snuff film.

I don't know whether these tapes should be available or not.

I am not in favor of censorship.

But those of us who espouse and value the First Ammendment should not be naive about the fact that there is evil shit out there and not all of it should be easily obtained.

Somehow we depend on the MEDIAtors to filter out the shit.

But, there are no mediators any more.

Network censorship used to be a joke but now, in hindsight, I can see the point of the office if not all the practice that was done.

The same with movies.

Most of the censorship was around silly stuff, usually sex, and they squandered their credibility away. So now there is none.

Besides, there are so many holes in the screen at this point that the teevee folks are not much of a factor.

In this case, Cho chose the media—NBC. Otherwise someone would have gotten hold of the tapes and released them on the net or something.

Why didn't I watch more of the Cho tape?

Not because I was chilled or repelled so much. More that I do not trust that little secret part of me that wants to hear this shit and maybe even wallow in it.

We all have a teeny or bigger than teeny inner Cho.

That is why. I don't want to roil my waters.

What else?

I am sorry for this sad, sad boy who never got whatever he needed to head this off.

Not as sorry as I am about what he did.

But a little bit of sorry.

He was one of god's little time bombs ready to go off at a moments notice.

I think that there are a lot of Cho's out there. I think that a lot of the so called terrorists are really Cho's. The religious shit just triggers them off.

Our war on terror is beside the point at this level of insanity.

This was the biggest there ever was.

Here.

In a day, a Cho with a body pack of plastique or a car full of explosives are doing as much damage somewhere else in the world. We don't know the one hundredth or even a thousandth of it.

177 the other day in Iraq.

Cho's.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?