<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, February 12, 2007

BLOCK OF ICE

We had to call in the refrigerator people to fix the ice maker.

Suddenly, last Thursday, there were no cubes tumbling out of the machine.

I considered pulling the refrigerator out to look at the little tube running from the cold water line but just couldn't do it.

Actually, when the service guy came, the first thing he did was try the water spigot right next to the ice spout.

Shit. Why didn't I think of that?

So. No water supply problem.

We never did pull the refrigerator out.

This guy was like a surgeon taking the machine apart. He even had a large version of the dentists mirror (a dental surgeon of course) to peer into the interior.

He diagnosed a faulty water valve or a frozen delivery line.

He checked the line first. Voila! Ice.

Did we have any water shutoffs recently?

Yes, over three weeks ago.

Did we shut the ice cube machine off first?

No we did not.

Aha!

We should have!

I never knew that.

So he just let the machine go with an un-iced line and if that doesn't work we will get the valve.

We already have about 3 dozen ice cubes.

I guess it was just blocked.

I swear, if I live long enough, I will know everything I need to know like when to shut the ice machine off.

And just at the moment I know it all, poof! I will have my ticket punched.

I told the guy that.

He said 'think of me'. I spend my whole life learning how to be a perfect repairman; practice makes perfect. I learn more every week. Just when I have it all together, it will be time to retire.

And so on.

Badinage with the repairman to keep things moving along happily.

This 'experience' and 'wisdom' cost me 65.00. He didn't charge any more than the basic 'come to you' fee.

Nice.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?