<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 31, 2016

Purposeful forgetting / wishful thinking 

I went through a short period this morning wherein I actually thought the election would be this week.

And it would all be over.

But I realized that this is a result of some cosmic trick or treat prank and there is one more week to endure the exposés and contentious bullshit.

Some people think this is the most war-like General Election.

Well, I am old enough to remember Truman Dewey as well as World War Two.

This is nothing to that time.

Then, we had "communists" lurking in the corridors of Congress and the State Department. Then there was the "Fifth Column" which was the spy machine supposedly set down in our Country, Land of the Free.

We had Henry Wallace. We had George Wallace. Same last name, opposite sides of the field. Both pretty much assholes as far as I can tell.

The thing is that after the election, the waters will recede and we will all go back to the normal American debate. Land of the Free. Home of the Brave.

Do you realize how lucky we are to be born here? Sure there are Trumps and even some minor jerks on our side. But it is nothing to what goes down elsewhere. And don't talk to me about Great Britain. Or fucking Finland. No where is easy.

We have to show up.

I already voted. I am ready to sit and watch the results. I am also willing to accept the will of all the people.

I might complain a bit no matter who wins. But that is my prerogative of being born here. A basic right. I think it is even in the Bill Of Rights. Let's go look.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?