<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Poet? 

I am not too interested in either Bob Dylan or the Nobel Prizes.

But it is fun to watch the little dance that is being done over Dylan's prize for "literature" this year.

Bob Dylan’s Silence on Nobel Prize Is Called ‘Impolite and Arrogant’ by Academy Member

It is a stretch. There is no doubt that Bob Dylan has cut a wide swath in our culture.

But for me, it is a furrow that misses me entirely.

I never liked his music or his "poetry" and I do not like them/it now.

As a personality he is repellant to me. A snotty disrespectful kid who has made a silk purse out of sows ear. The wanderings of his mind now fetch up into "poetry".

Have I pissed you off yet?

No?

I will keep going.

To me he is a narcissist who wants attention but then cuts you off with a head butt to the nuts.

I know people like this. If they didn't make hit records they are called assholes like anyone else.

Dylan's preciousness is so irritating.

What the hell?

Mom's in the basement? Come on.

Anther thing. He had a lot of help from The Band. Another ego driven outfit who over stayed their time. Their brief hour on the stage. But at least they were musical.

Now, the Nobel Prize. Always a weird award by culturally aloof Scandinavians drooped around the neck of the rest of the world.

Even Obama is still embarrassed by getting the Peace Prize and still shudders when he is asked about it. Too much too soon.

In Dylan's case it is too much too late. He is way past his prime and that was not much for me.

I had a close friend who idolized Dylan. We lived together for awhile. I had to listen to a lot of the music. I still think it is balderdash.

I have gone far enough here. Nobel Bob. I call bullshit.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?