<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 24, 2016

Never done 

Today. another holocaust movie.

Actually, the prison camps are featured here and the obsession to find a guard who abused the prisoners.

Remember (2016)

Christopher Plummer and an amazing Martin Landau who does not look like Martin at all. I suppose I don't look like the old me either but Martin has not aged well.

Nevertheless for a couple of geezers Plummer and Landau do a great job of trying to clean the slate of all the surviving prison guards from the camps. The jew killers.

I was not born when this started for the world and I was eight when it was over. So it is all stories for me. Except my Dad who was on a ship in the North Atlantic and then the Pacific. Very personal. We knew nothing of the prison camps. Or if we did no one talked about it.

As a drama, this film is first rate. It is suspenseful. The acting is totally focused. We are in the nursing home where these people now reside and then we are out there with our hero getting his revenge.

As I now know, being 80ish and all, there is a certain age where one does not give a shit about consequences and this is the case here.

I would not mind seeing it again just to watch the faces. A 4 out of Netflix5.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?