<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 27, 2016

Films about films 

When I saw Peter Greeaway's name in the credits, I knew.

Eisenstein in Guanajuato (2016)

is a self indulgent mess.

Over the top with split screens and in rather vivid color, the great Russian director is shown as a bohemian crackpot.

Not much of a homage if that was intended.

I did not finish it. That makes it a 1 out of Netflix5.

I didn't know that Eisenstein was queer but he didn't either until he is seduced. The graphic deflowering is everything every man fears about homosex. In living color.

Blah. Bushwaugh. Baloney.

I have not seen much about Eisenstein films. I couldn't get through Potemkin. So I am not a film buff from that perspective.

Greenaway is a guy who is not reliable about facts and he always has some kind of sex kink up his sleeves. He loves to watch people undress. Not a bad thing but kind of boring.

Apparently Lenin had no orthodoxy about gay sex or maybe when you were out of the country it was OK. The film is confused on this point. A major miss I think. And so on. I couldn't finish the film. A 1 out of Netflix5.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?