<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, October 30, 2016

De-fucking-frosted 

For some reason, our refrigerator-freezer developed a lot of ice in the lower freezer compartment.

Can't have that.

So this morning, I spent time, off and on, taking all the frozens out and putting some hot water in to melt the glacier.

It was not actually back breaking work but it was wet and slow.

This is not supposed to happen but like a lot of things that are not supposed to, it did.

I will try to be vigilant around this issue in the future. Close the bottom drawer tight, monitor the temperature, don't put warm stuff into it.

I suppose no refrigerator is truly frostless. I have never had one.

I am proud of the fact that the last time this happened we paid some guy to come do the same thing. He had a hot air blower. I just let Mother Nature do the job.

Now it is ramping back up to what it is supposed to be. It is very tempting to open the door and check on the current readings. But I have only done this once.

I would not normally report on anything so mundane but since it took up a lot of my day's time so far, it is something to be noted.

Perhaps it is a good warning for you to go check your machine and see how it is doing. Or not. It will let you know eventually when you cannot close the drawer because of the ice.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?