<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, September 26, 2016

Warmup 

The debate is tonight.

Part of me doesn't want to see it. To be on a different planet.

The election period has not really started and I am over it.

I am happy to be part of the electorate and I know who I am going to vote for.

Do I have to watch this?

Yes.

I have to watch it because I need to know the ins and outs of close up combat between two people who want to "rule the world".

They probably are not going to show any flop sweat in the closeups. The room will be very refrigerated.

But there will be the eye rolls and the jittery hands.

The debate was never a fixture in American politics. At least not the nationally televised one.

Now it is as American as apple pie.

I net out that, like it or not, it is a good thing. We need to see the hand to hand combat now because we will not see it again for four years.

After the election, the curtains will close and the photo-opp and the well rehearsed appearance will be the business of the day.

There might be a difference this time though.

If god forbid, the Trumpfer wins the election it will all be about pulling it out of his ass.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?