<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Revenge is not so sweet 

Today's film is about the actions taken after Israeli athletes were killed at the Munich Olympics.

Steven Spielberg creates a mixed pallet, mixed message, mixed point of view film which is a bit incoherent but not possible to quit or FF.

Munich (2005)

Eric Bana, Goeffrey Rush and other interesting actors take on the revenge for the killings by finding and hunting down all the Palestinian perpetrators. Or if not Palestinian, their sympathizers. It is not clear, even at the end, who they are killing and why. Which is partly the point of the film, the skein of "outlaw" killings is not rational or even consistent.

Your enemy may not be my enemy and if you are my friend today you might not be tomorrow. The only way to tell is that you are dead and I am not.

I have to admit that the action and complications are pretty well laid out. I suspect that since it is "based on" events, this was necessary to make a coherent story and to have a consistent hero.

Eric Bana serves well in this role. He is a heroic looking man and manages to go shirts off frequently enough to remind us of that fact.

The movie is long. Over three hours. I watched it in two gulps.

I will rate it a 3 out of Netflflix5 because I could never go the distance again.

Another warning, ET it is not. No cuddly aliens. No one is to be trusted. Watch who you get interested in and how it turns out.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?